Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween//Confession

confession: I've always secretly wanted to be an actress.

I took various type of theatre classes all throughout elementary and middle school, but I was too afraid to join any theatre clubs in high school because I was the new kid. I didn't know anyone and I chickened out of auditioning.  When I went to college, I didn't think I was good enough to join a theatre club since I didn't take any classes in high school. I've filmed a few skits here and there with friends but I never truly got back into a hobby I really enjoyed. Now, I've moved on from that dream to bigger and better dreams, but it got me thinking...


I wish I were braver. 


I have serious fear of failure, so I miss out on the chance of success.
Sometimes I have a hard time being where I am now. I look at those I admire and think to myself, if I'm not that good ( at writing, at photography, even acting...), I might as well not try--there are obviously too many people more talented than me.
When in reality, when I think about it, I know there are tons of people around me, who might not even be as 'good' as me, but since they're doing something about it, they will soon enough, be better for it.

I've had this conversation inside my head dozen of times, and even with Anthony a few more, and yet here I sit, still afraid failing. Still afraid of trying.


What's something you wish you would do, but haven't yet?

What helps you be braver?

Speaking of being brave, Halloween Horror Nights was especially spectacular this year. I do love a good scare. Happy Halloween! 












No comments:

Post a Comment