Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

An Adventure in Disneybounding

So, as someone who spends their fair share of time traipsing around Disney World, for a while I'd been wanting to take part in the act of Disneybounding. For those unassociated, it's basically planning your outfit to be inspired by that of a Disney character. For my first endeavor I had to choose everyone's favorite mouse, Minnie herself.

My rule of thumb when creating any outfit is: there is no such thing as too many polka dots. Disneybounding as Minnie Mouse allowed me to take that motto to new heights. I picked up the red polka dot dress, which screamed Minnie, at Forever 21 for $20.00 and the yellow belt was something I have had in the back of my closest for ages. I was particularly giddy when I stumbled on the mouse shoes at Kohls. Those set me back around $30.00. Naturally, I bought the classic Minne style ears from the Disney Store in Disney World. Keeping with the theme, I chose to accessorize with Minnie Couture nail polish from OPI. I used two different polishes from the collection which created a polka dot effect on the classic red shade. The polka dot sunglasses were more of a necessity for me in the Florida sun, rather than a fashion statement. Although, I think they fit the theme pretty well. If I were to tackle Minnie again, I might change a couple of things but I was overall happy with my first attempt in Disneybounding. I am quite excited to disneybound again as some of my favorite characters.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment